Infertility Counseling is available to families that may be having difficulty coping with emotions related to infertility treatment. Kathleen Coughlin, LCSW will support and assist you in staying strong during this difficult time. During your sessions, Kathleen will be able to help you sort through your feelings and emotions related to starting a family.
Kathleen Coughlin will meet with you and/or your family members to discuss the plan that you have decided on. In the sessions, Kathleen Coughlin may ask some of the following questions:
- She may ask for you to share your journey.
- Ask for you to clarify what decision you have made related to future fertility treatment with your doctor.
- If you have a partner, the counselor will meet with both of you to discuss how the journey is impacting each person.
- Discuss whether or not you plan on telling your family or friends about your decision to seek treatment for infertility.
- Kathleen Coughlin may also make recommendations on the best ways to share with family and friends your decisions.
- If a donor or surrogate has not been chosen, there may be a discussion about the criteria you are looking for in a donor match.
- Open discussion regarding what you plan on telling your child in the future related to how they were conceived if a donor match was chosen.
Assessments are available for Donor Sperm, Donor Egg, IVF, and Adoption. Please feel free to contact the office directly at 610-248-0059. If you would like to learn more about Kathleen Coughlin, LCSW, please review her biography.